- First I will try to collect old clothes or fabrics.
- Try to design different laptop bags, including shapes, fabrics, details, and sizes.
- Pick one design that I am most satisfied with.
- Start cutting fabric and sewing (depends on the situation, maybe I will make a mock up sample to prevent any errors or inappropriate detail).
- Finally, I will put my laptop in and show the final result.
My main material is old clothes or unwanted fabrics.
During this semester, I learned that some of our behaviors have seriously affected the environment and the future. Reminiscent of the fact that in the apparel industry, a large amount of production and disposal has caused unchangeable conditions.
It has a significant impact on the environment, climate, energy, and materials. The second-hand clothing industry’s environment benefits range from fewer carbon emissions to saving water and reducing waste. The important component of some clothes is chemical fiber, and chemical fiber is a kind of non-reusable resource. If you throw away old and new clothes at will, it will inevitably lead to environmental damage.The important component of some low-end clothes is chemical fiber, and chemical fiber is a kind of non-reusable resource. If you throw away old and new clothes at will, it will inevitably lead to environmental damage.
So I chose to use old clothes and fabrics to explore and reduce the damage to the environment.
There will be a bit of concern about the result of the laptop bag that I’m going to make. If I have enough time, I would like to try riso printing.
Work in progress
A few basic sketches of the laptop bag, I will add more details during the process of making it.
A white shirt from the thrift shop.
Originally one of my studio teacher asked me to buy a shirt for draping, after that I keep this shirt.
A few different fabrics and swatches that I have and some from my friends.