Project Description: Now that we have read and discussed Scott Mcloud’s comic, Understanding Comics, and the various characteristics and types of comics, I have decided to create a comic of my own. To begin my project, I am going to do research by going to a comic book store and reading through comics and by writing narratives for all of my panels. Then, I am going to create a comic that will concentrate on exploring gender roles, domesticity, and humor. The panels in the comic will reflect my own personal experiences of living in the south.
- My first step of research was going read through comics at Forbidden Planet, a comic book store.
- My second step of research was to look up ways to prep myself to draw my panels for my comic. Through my research, I learned that writing narratives for the panels before drawing them makes things more productive and efficient.
- (Below are the two links to the narrative pdf files)
- new doc 2017-12-05 00.49.14_20171205010219-26vy3i
- new doc 2017-12-05 00.49.14_20171205010249 2-25t4yyg
Rough Draft: The rough draft version of my post is the narratives above.
Final Project: This is the final version of my comic.
(Below are the two links to my comic pages.)
- new doc 2017-12-04 01.54.09_20171204234914-2f9er0
- lnew doc 2017-12-04 01.54.09_20171204234925-1eg74g9
- Sharpie pen
Reflection: Overall, I really liked this project. This project let me work on my weaknesses with illustration and photoshop. Additionally, I think that this project definitely strengthened both of those weaknesses. Furthermore, this project really inspired me to work more on my illustration skills and photoshop skills, because I was really proud of what I accomplished through through my comic.