Introduction: 20 questions and mind map are supposed to help develop taxonomies and guide into specific topics. After brain storming, I found my interests centering around the confusion and the challenges of identity which may include gender, beauty rules, self-image and culture. All my questions are related to these topics in terms of material, content and context.
- What kind of daily objects, objects in the nature or body parts except fingers I can use as materials to express my theme?
- How does our relationship with parents affect identity?
- How does fashion magazines or runways(eg. Victoria’s Fashion Show) set the standards for being beautiful and affect the way we see ourselves?
- To what extent do judgements from other people change a person’s personality or identity and how?
- How has social networks changed relationships between people?
- Would wealth change one’s perception to the world therefore change his or her identity?
- How big the part does ethnicity play in one’s identity?(Why is ethnicity important to a person?)
- How does language help one person express identity?
- How does one’s appearance affect the way other people see you?
- What are the essential links between individuals and the society as a whole?(When we think of society, we hardly think of individual people, so why is individual important to the society?)
- Does makeup disguise one’s identity or express identity?
- How does aging affect the way we see ourselves?
- Why do people sometimes deny parts of their identity?
- Why does self image sometimes conflict with the real image?
- How does memories help us to built our personalities?
- Is social media a part of people’s identity? Why is it important?
- How does social media affect the way we socialise in real life?
- What colors can represent my culture and american culture?
- What texture represents challenge and change?
- As we age, how do we understand our existence differently?