The Rhythm of Calligraphy
- I learned 8 years of Chinese calligraphy. I think the beauty of traditional Chinese character and calligraphy is the treasure of our culture.
- Traditional technique of calligraphy is dying out due to modern technology. I want to preserve the traditional technique, besides, I am thing of using technology to combine them. Maybe there will be more possibilities.
3 points of view:
- modern technology kills traditional technique
- we can use various methods to visualize data
- technology can help us use a new perspective to view old stuffs
- transformation of various formats
- physical brush and paper
- a interactive music player which transfer the pressure of brush into sound (strength -> sound)
- a interactive realtime visualization of the calligraphy (strength -> graphic)—-may be a video
- a series of graphic works based on visualize the strength data of calligraphy