- 20 years old
- College student major in Chinese literature
- Zoey is fascinated with Chinese history and culture. She have learned some basic calligraphy knowledge during her classes in college. Because her major is Chinese literature, the professor asked students to investigate some background of Chinese characters and history. She learned some calligraphy at that time. Zoey likes practicing penmanship in her notebook.
- 11 years old
- Fifth Grade in Elementary School
- Max likes every kind of sports. He is very outgoing and interested in outdoor activities. There is calligraphy class in the school, but he does not like it. Because he think sitting on the table and writing words with brush is boring and hard to learn. He can’t understand the beauty and the essence of calligraphy. He will rather spend time playing basketball with friends than writing calligraphy.
- 28 years old
- Although Tim is an American, he likes Chinese culture very much, because of Bruce Lee kung fu movie. He had been to China one time, and he was so impressive with the Chinese artworks in The Palace Museum. However, he doesn’t understand Chinese words so when he looked at those arts pieces, he could only relied on the English description.
- 25 years old
- Alice is stranger to Chinese culture and arts. She has seen Chinese artworks in the museum before. But actually she didn’t pay lots of attention to it, because she had no much connection with those works and culture. She thinks Chinese calligraphy is beautiful but that’s all her feeling. She has never written calligraphy before and she doesn’t understand Chinese at all.