Export a file in Audition
The final result if editing an audio project in Audition will always be a file someone can play! There are a variety of audio file formats, but two very common ones are WAV and MP3
A WAV file is an uncompressed format. It does not decrease in quality but is larger than an MP3
An MP3 file this is a compressed (lossy) format commonly used for online streaming, media players, etc
There are a few ways, but this method will ensure that you ONLY export the part of your project that you want to hear. It is easy to accidentally export 5 or 6 minutes of audio when you project is only a minute long!Select the part of the file you want to export.
- In the timeline add in IN POINT to the beginning of the file (click the “i” key!)
- Scroll forward to the point of the end of the project and create an OUT POINT (click the “o” key)
- File Menu > Export
- In the FILE MENU pull down to EXPORT
- hover over MULTI TRACK EXPORT
- click TIME SELECTION
- Name your file, put it somewhere
It’s easy to accidentally export your file somewhere strange.
- Give your file a name
- click BROWSE and choose a folder to export into.
- Select your export type (WAV or MP3)
When you browse to save your file, you ALSO have the chance to choose what kind of file to export.
- In the pulldown below select WAV or MP3
- Click SAVE
- Export the file
- In the export window, click “OK”