Because of the school’s darkroom cannot be used, I change my topic to do a book which compares digital camera and film camera. I shoot the same objects, landscapes and people by using Canon AF-1 and Canon 6D in the same setting. Both of the cameras are very popular and famous in this case, I can compare their quality fairly. I think it will be good to use a book to show it.
- I use clear colorless acrylic round rods as a structure to form dodecahedrons. And use steel wire to connect all the rods and add black straw between them to increase friction. Then I cut plastic boards and contour mesh into dodecahedrons. (the contour mesh one is one inch larger than the plastic one) Then I use a drill to make a hole in each side to the plastic boards, then use contour mesh to cover the plastic boards and use round head paper fasteners to connect each piece. I also use fasteners to connect each piece of plastic boards.
- Scale & Proportion (: measurement skill)
- First I made a sample of dodecahedrons. Then use this sample to cut the plastic boards. And use a ruler to make sure every black straw and acrylic rods are in the same distance.
- Negative space & Positive Form (: shows more 3-D volume?)
- Negative space: The main material for the negative space are plastic boards and contour mesh. The whole structure is a flower shape. I add two layers to show a more 3-dimensional volume.
- Positive Form: acrylic rods and wire are the main materials to create positive form.
- Since the negative part and positive part are used totally different methods and materials, the whole project has a different texture which shows a more 3-dimensional volume.
- Problem solving:( joining method, structure, materials….)
- It is hard that joining two acrylic rods together by using wires. Because the acrylic rods are too smooth to connect. So I decided to use black straws to increase friction.
- The plastic broad is hard to cut by scissors and I don’t have the orientation of laser cutting workshop. So it took me a while to cut the plastic broads.
- I use wire to connect each acrylic rods and each unites to make a pattern
- I think the flower shape is good, and I decide to add a light inside the work to let it become lamps shade. Its transparent texture can be shown perfectly though light.
- Working process /Developing idea
- I tried a lot of materials before I’ve chosen this one. Moreover, when I develop the negative space I change a lot of shapes.
- Time management:
- My time management is good, I finish all the materials on time.
The polyhedrons project-1whoeao
Map of Film Camera
Link 3 sources:
1. On photography
- Publisher:Picador USA : Farrar, Straus and Giroux
- ISBN: 0312420099
At the first time to display it, it had a lot of mistakes. The world is not clear, the fourth part is in vertical not as same as others and the voice over is not in the right order. I think I need to check the video before I post it. So next time, before submitting any video, I need to see it and check it first. I really like the intro of the video, it has a lot of energy and follows the music pace. I think it is one of the most successful parts of our video.
Today is the first day of Chesa’s spring break. She decides to have a meaningful trip with her girlfriend, Mary. This is her Plan.
After breakfast, Chesa and Mary go to the LGBT. They as volunteers of LGBT in the art department for a long time. They have a lot of friends over there. And Their job is taking photos for the coming event which is a melodrama called Hamlet.
After that, Chesa goes to the Chelsea Market with her girlfriend. They buy a lot of seafood. Lobster is Mary’s favourite. In Chelsea Market, they not only can find seafood but also could buy a bunch of fresh ingredients for their dinner. Chesa decides to do a dinner for Mary.
Chesa wants to find some inspirations for her project. So she decides to see some galleries and take some pictures. There is a lot of artwork over there. Moreover, a lot of artists open studio over there. Some of them are Chesa’s friends. So she not only can find inspirations but also can visit her friends.
At the same time, Mary goes to Chelsea Flea Market which evolved a lot of sell antiques, collectables, decorative arts, clothing, jewellery, and many other types of antiques.
They sleep together in Chesa’s apartment which is near the Penn station.
Chesa and Mary get up for about 7 o’clock. They go to the Penn station to take a train to the Newark Airport. It is the cheapest way to go to the airport from Manhattan.
Chelsea Flea Market (Mary)
The Myth of the Gargoyle
Underneath the structure of the St Mary’s Magdalene church in London lays a secret society of protectors of the city, the order of the Gargoyles. For centuries they have been entrusted with the protection of the city from all forms of harm and with due diligence they have been carrying out their work.
Adam, the overall leader of the group has a special seat right in front of the large display screen that shows all the activities of the city. The broadcast being received and deciphered by the other members of the team, owing to the new development of technology, their task of protecting the city has become relatively easy as each statue of a gargoyle that’s on top of most buildings within the city has a camera that monitors all the activities that occur on the streets while there is a guardian right next to the statue ready for action. The team is always in constant communication with state of the art communication phones and wireless radios.
But getting to their hideout isn’t an easy task; there are secret doors that are hidden in plain sight with the aid of the latest technology. There are optical scanners that would allow one access in addition to the physical security that is always around the vicinity of the church. Adam always carries around his laser weapon with him just in case a scouting situation turns ugly since the population of the city of London is growing. As much as he is a law keeper he tries as much to avoid harming any human beings while conducting his work.
Thornton, Elise. “Gargoyles: Demons in the Sky or Grotesque Guardian Angels?” #FolkloreThursday, 23 Aug. 2016, folklorethursday.com/material-culture/gargoyles-demons-sky-grotesque-guardian-angels/.