- I like the environment of the Washington square park. There are a lot of trees, squirrels and a fountain in this park. I feel relaxed when I walk inside it.
- When I sit on the chair in Washington Square part. I enjoyed observing others. I like the feeling of people walks around me. When I see the olds are walking with their dogs, for me, it is happiness. When I became old, I also want to walk with my dog every day.
- In Washington square park, there are also some performances. Some of them are really interesting such as playing guitars and singing.
- There are also a lot of children playing in Washington Square Park. They make me feel very energetic. They give me positive feelings.
- I always study with my friends in Bobst Library. It is a very good place to study. There are a lot of books can read. The chairs and desks are comfortable for me to study.
- There is a centre of performing art beside Washington Square Park. I like the setting in the centre. I have a very good experience in this centre.
- I really like a restaurant around the Bobst Library. It just surve for French Frise. There are a bunch of different types of sources for customers to choose from. I really like the one with pineapple. I didn’t eat it before.
- There is a Starbucks beside the Bobst Library. Last semester, my friends and I wanted to study in the Bobst Library at 6 PM. However, I didn’t bring my student ID and the time was too late to sign in as a guest. So we were studying at Starbucks. It is a very memorable experience.
- I took a picture in front of the fountain in Washington Square Park. It was the first time that I been there. However, the picture was too ugly that I deleted it.
- Last semester, my friends and I finish our final in the library. The wind is very cold and we were too tired to talk with each other. However, when we finish our final project, we were very happy.
Map and Window:
This project is the concision of the map and window. Both of them use two-dimensional image to represent three-dimentional space. So in this work, we use visual languages to re-present. It not only uses in artwork but also implies on the science. In Collected Fiction by Jorge Luis Borges, The writer pointed out that the accurate map is meaningful for the use of whole society.
The character that I choose is Alice who is the main character in Alice in the Wonderland. However, I use the storyline from the movie. It is directed by Tim Burton. It is about a girl who is called Alice falls down into a rabbit hole, then enter a fancy and peculiar world. In this world, all the animals are anthropomorphic.
At a party for her fiance and herself, Alice follows a rabbit to enter the Rabbit Hole. Alice falls through the rabbit hole accidentally. The rabbit believes she is the real Alice who can kill the dragon and save them from the Red Queen. In the end, Alice kills the dragon at the battlefield. Alice and her friends, Mad Hatter, the Cheshire Cat, Bule Caterpillar, and others end the Red Queen’s reign of terror.
I saw the movie Alice in the wonderland when I am in primary school. I have a really deep impression of this movie. The character in the wonderland is dramatic and unusual — a smoke blue caterpillar, an Invisible cat, and all the animals can talk. I really addicted to the plot of this movie. I think a lot of children love this story. In this case, I choose Alice as my character in this project.
Research for Places Collage
Every place has its own history. The history contains the cultural, political, architectural and natural. In this project, first, find out a particular place, then sketch it in the sketchbook from different angles and make some notes. Then do the historical research of these place then collect some pictures of these place both historically and currently. Thirdly, create a collage by using the photographs that you collect or take in photoshop. When finishing the collage print it out and use charcoal to draw some elements.
The history research:
Sunset Park is located in Brooklyn, New York City. It contains the largest Chinatown in New York, where there are a lot of Chinese restaurants. Green-Wood Cemetery, the largest cemetery in Brooklyn is a landmark not only in Sunset Park but also the highest point in Brooklyn. The entrance gate of the Green-Wood Cemetery was created by Richard Upjohn in 1863. Richard Upjohn also is the architect who created Trinity Church in Manhattan. In the decade after it opened 500,000 people a year visited the cemetery because of its beauty (“About/History”). Many Famous people are buried in Green-Wood Cemetery, with more than 600,000 souls altogether. It is also a Revolutionary War historical site and National Historic Landmark (M.).
There are also many Catholic churches in Sunset Park, including the basilica Our Lady of Perpetual Help, which was established in 1893 on 60th street and 5th Avenue. It is the largest Church in Brooklyn and is always crowded (“What’s Sunset Park”). O.L.P.H. is for people who want to find help from God’s presence. It is the place where people can help each other to find a sense of belonging.
The Brooklyn Army Terminal was built in 1918 to supply soldiers in battle. Now it is where there are over 100 local businesses there, with thousands of good manufacturing jobs (History).
“About/History.” Green-Wood, Green-Wood Historic Fund, https://www.green-wood.com/about-history. Accessed 19 Nov. 2018.
“History.” Brooklyn Army Terminal, Sunset Park District, .https://www.bklynarmyterminal.com/building-information/history/. Accessed 30 Oct. 2018.
M., Frank. “Green Wood Cemetery in Sunset Park.” Sunset-Park.com, http://sunset-park.com/magazine/00004.html. Accessed 30 Oct., 2018.
“Welcome to Our Lady of Perpetual Help Parish.” Basilica of Our Lady of Perpetual Help, https://olphbkny.org/welcome. Accessed 30 Oct. 2016.
“What’s Sunset Park.” Sunset-Park.com, http://sunset-park.com/main/index2.html. Accessed 30 Oct. 2018.The Picture that I chose to use in my collage：
Welcome to your brand new blog at The New School Sites.
To get started, simply log in, edit or delete this post and check out all the other options available to you.
You can also subscribe to our brilliant free publication, The Edublogger, which is jammed with helpful tips, ideas and more.