You have access to an amazing selection of photo, video and audio equipment through the New School equipment checkout center at 55 west 13th street on the 9th floor.
Here’s the information
Items available include DSLR kits, audio recorders, lighting kits, wireless mics, etc.
A PDF of the inventory can be found here:
The site for equipment and
checkout can be found here
Students may use the online checkout system,
or take their chances and try for a walk in checkout.
- Walk-in checkouts of available field equipment can be made daily on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Walk-in checkouts may be made for up to 48 hours. Only one walk-in checkout can be processed at a time.
- Reservation checkouts will take priority over walk-ins.
- 24 hours notice is required to create, modify or cancel a reservation. This is so the Equipment Center staff has time to properly prepare orders.
- Reservation time is up to four days for all reservable equipment.
- Instructions for using the checkout system:https://reservation.newschool.edu/webcheckout/manual.pdf
- Please note that equipment must be returned on time.
- The fines for late returns are $20/hour or $100/day fee. Your reservation access will be restricted until all outstanding fines are resolved. Please allow two business days for processing of fine payments.
- Not showing for your reservation results in $40 fee per incident. Your reservation access will be restricted until all outstanding fines are resolved. Please allow two business days for processing of fine payments.