Class: Integrative Seminar 2
Assignment: Think of 5 keywords that describe and 5 images that convey your essay outline
- Communal Spaces
Images and Outline:
- The first image is the University Center Cafeteria. This image is the main topic of my essay and will be used in my thesis at the beginning of my paper. I will use the cafe and related interviewed research to ask more questions regarding a larger concept about human interaction.
- The second image is of a table design and is paired with “communal spaces”. This next sequence of the essay outline is about design in space that people share.
- The third image is of a crowd of people paired with the keyword “interaction“. In this section, I will use research about human interaction and how people interact with one another through close communication.
- The next image is an image of a long table with multiple chairs. Here I will begin to connect communal space design with human interaction by researching what a successful design of space achieves. I may propose a table design similar to this image to be used in the UC cafe to generate a dining experience with a larger groups of people as opposed to single seating.
- To conclude the essay, I used a photo of a group of friends from the show Friends dining together. This image showing connections being made from dining together and bonding is the goal of my essay. I will end with the argument that spacial design of communal areas are connected to affecting human interaction.