FIT Exhibition – Object Write-Up
This assignment is that I need to choose one object from the FIT exhibition and write about the way the artist/designer uses the color pink in the garment.
(These are the objects I like and what /I found interesting at the exhibition)
The Visual Form:
- This is an evening dress made by Ralph Lauren, with pink silk faille.
- Pain pink was used on the silk faille.
- It’s a really clean cut without redundant details.
- The back is revealing and with deep V on the front.
- The dress made in 1999.
The reason for pink is used in this garment:
- Gwyneth Paltrow wore to the 71st Academy Awards on 21 March 1999.
- The dress is cited by several sources as one of the greatest dresses in the history of the red carpet of the Oscars
- The dress was widely copied after the event, and Paltrow was credited for bringing pink back into fashion.
How is it similar?
- It’s made in pink
- Evening dress
How is it different?
- It doesn’t have much details and patterns
- Clean Cut
- Not much of folding and other technology on cutting