For this project we were to purchase the kambucha leather kit and grow the leather in our homes/ dorms. The process was fairly easy but once the kambucha is ready to dry and to be worked with I found it difficult. Since the leather has dried, it become very fragile and ended up ripping multiple times on me while I was working with it. I also found it relatively hard to sew, but pretty easy to bend since it is moderately flexible. For my product I chose to make something easy with the small amount of leather we had- a wallet. I used thread I had been using for another project and left over silk fabric to line the inside.