– Write down all the words that are central to the article. Looking at the words, extract the main themes the article touches on.
– What research questions do you think the author asked before beginning work on this article?
– What is the thesis of the article?
– Research the author/publication of the piece. What do you think is the agenda of the article? What does it want to reader to take away from the piece?
– Underline all the information that needed to be researched. Create a mind map of all the different sources the author used.