What does it mean to be ethical?/ How I define ethics:
- One’s personal morals (personal definitions of what is good or bad) that work together to influence their actions and conduct in society.
- A process of making a decision.
- Societal ethics are relative to where a community of people live and function.
- Ethics are one factor to how one comes to a decision. Other factors include, emotion, and knowledge
- the study of our morals.
- Many factors including culture and the environment can influence the what people value and consider ethical.
Can all design potentially be ethical?
- No, in my opinion all design can not be ethical because ethics are all relative to individuals.
- Not all design can be ethical. Ethics are bias to different people, communities and countries.
- All design can be ethical to one individual
- All design is ethical in theory. No design is ethical in practice
What does it mean to design?
- The strategic foundation, which can be in the form of thought or a material object, that has the intention to solve a problem or address a issue.
What does purpose mean?
- What is the purpose of design?
- Purpose is the intention of a thought.
- A motivating force or intended solution
- All ethics and purpose are motivated by ideals or goals.
Design can be intentional but not ethical.
Do you serve yourself or do you serve others?
Should we be designing for “others”?
Original Idea: locker solution phase one:
Final Concept : Shared space for student storage, remove lockers from the equation.
scale: 1 inch: 1 foot (12” by12”)