Topics that the film addresses
- Vogue’s concern about seating arrangement for celebrities while preparing the MET GALA.
- The curators in Asian department’s concern about the topic of the exhibition which could be interpreted as racist.
- The amount of China’s imagery which people expect in the exhibition.
- The Metropolitan Museum’s concern about the limit in treating Mao and how much people will tolerate it.
- A Chinese woman’s concern about the fashion exhibition which can entail misinterpretations or misconceptions.
- The Chinese lady’s concern about the modern part of China being disregarded in favor of the historical part.
- How will they represent modern China through fashion?
- What is the aesthetic of contemporary Chinese art?
- Andrew Bolton’s frustration on the complexity from the design prospective.
- Can fashion be art?
- Vogue’s budget problem in bringing Rihanna to the GALA
- How can fashion harmonize the West and East’s culture?
- How could fashion be an art instead of being a commercial?
- Why are many fashion designers obsessed with traditional Chinese garments?
- Can fashion magazines and historical museums meet?
- Why are people paying attention to the traditional part rather than contemporary part of the culture?
- How can the Gala of a big exhibition be remarkable?