- How does Van Gogh’s feelings toward Joseph Roulin show in the painting?
- How does the color scheme affect the painting?
- How does the painting reflect Van Gogh?
- Why did Van Gogh put the flowers at the background?
- Why did Van Gogh choose to paint Joseph Roulin?
1. Stranger on the earth : a psychological biography of Vincent van Gogh
- Lubin, Albert J
2. Some Psychological Processes in the Development of the Creativity of Van Gogh and Faraday Author(s): Ken Rouse
Rouse, Ken. “Some Psychological Processes in the Development of the Creativity of Van Gogh and Faraday.” Leonardo 16, no. 3 (1983): 217-21. doi:10.2307/1574918.
3. Color Perception in Art: Beyond the Eye into the Brain Author(s): Faber Birren
Birren, Faber. “Color Perception in Art: Beyond the Eye into the Brain.” Leonardo 9, no. 2 (1976): 105-10. doi:10.2307/1573116.
4. Van Gogh, Roulin and the Two Arlésiennes: Part I Author(s): Jan Hulsker
Hulsker, Jan. “Van Gogh, Roulin and the Two Arlésiennes: Part I.” The Burlington Magazine 134, no. 1074 (1992): 570-77. http://www.jstor.org/stable/885311.
5. Post-Impressionism Nathalia Brodskaya
Brodskaya, Nathalia. Post-Impressionism. New York: Parkstone International, 2014. Accessed October 24, 2017. ProQuest Ebook Central.
6. Joseph Roulin Kirk Varnedoe MoMA Vol. 4, No. 2 (Feb., 2001), pp. 10-13
Varnedoe, Kirk. “Joseph Roulin.” MoMA 4, no. 2 (2001): 10-13. http://www.jstor.org/stable/4420555.
7. Art, Madness, and Human Interaction McCay Vernon and Marjie L. Baughman
Vernon, McCay, and Marjie L. Baughman. “Art, Madness, and Human Interaction.” Art Journal 31, no. 4 (1972): 413-20. doi:10.2307/775545.
8. Language, Learning, and Color Perception Emre Özgen
Özgen, Emre. “Language, Learning, and Color Perception.” Current Directions in Psychological Science 13, no. 3 (2004): 95-98. http://www.jstor.org/stable/20182921.
9. JOURNAL ARTICLE PICTURES OF PEOPLE Charles Law Watkins
Watkins, Charles Law. “PICTURES OF PEOPLE.” The American Magazine of Art 26, no. 11 (1933): 498-510. http://www.jstor.org/stable/23954871.
10. METAPHOR IN THE ART OF VINCENT VAN GOGH Robert H. Rough
Rough, Robert H. “METAPHOR IN THE ART OF VINCENT VAN GOGH.” The Centennial Review 19, no. 1 (1975): 362-79. http://www.jstor.org/stable/23738050.