version 1 of digital file
final version of digital file
The painting process was fairly challenging. My intent was to translate the proportions as best as I could from the digital drawing onto my painting. I used the eye/pencil technique to try and capture the right lengths and positioning of each element in my drawing. I learned that drawing myself is more challenging then drawing a stranger. I would rely more on how I thought I appeared as opposed to what I really looked like therefore my portrait drawing didn’t exactly resemble me. My second objective was to replicate the colors I used on illustrator onto my painting. Most of the colors I mixed didn’t come out as bright as I wanted them to but I learned overall how to manipulate colors through undertones and make different shades of black or grey. I also played around with the gloss especially on the leaves to imitate the same “sheer effect” which I really like and would want to reuse in the future in terms of layering.