What is Bitcoin.
Bitcoin is the first and most widely recognized cryptocurrency. It enables peer-to-peer value exchange in the digital realm by using a decentralized protocol, cryptography, and a mechanism that provides global consensus on the state of a regularly updated public ledger of transactions (called a “blockchain”).
Characteristics of Bitcoin. Bitcoin is a form of digital currency
1) Exists independently of any government, country or financial institution
2) Can be transferred globally without the need for a centralized intermediary
3) Has a known monetary policy that is arguably immutable.
Bitcoin Investment,What do I need to invest in Bitcoin?
To invest in bitcoin, you don’t need much! All that is needed is the following
1. personal identification documents
2. bank account information
3. a secure internet connection
Five Steps to Investing in Bitcoin
Buying bitcoin is easier than you think, here are 5 simple steps on how to invest in bitcoin.
1. Join a bitcoin exchange
2. Get a bitcoin wallet
3. Connect your wallet to your bank account
4. Place your bitcoin orders
5. Manage your bitcoin investments
First, you need to determine where you want to buy bitcoins. Most bitcoin investors use cryptocurrency exchanges. If you decide to buy from an exchange, you will have to decide which one you want to buy from. Here are a few of the most popular choices.
1. Coinbase. very popular cryptocurrency exchange that provides insurance for losses in case of security breaches or fraudulent transfers
2. Binance. founded in 2017, Binance is a cryptocurrency exchange that focuses on altcoins.
3. kraken. this San Francisco-based exchange allows you to invest in bitcoin using a variety of currencies from around the world.
4. Gemini. Suitable for both casual and experienced bitcoin investors, offering different user interfaces and fee structures for both.
5. Bitfinex : The longest running cryptocurrency exchange, optimized for advanced traders and lenders