What different character(s) were you exploring when you created your “fake” selfies?
- The first character I create is a vampire who is afraid of light. The second character is a thinker who enjoys living in the mystery space created in her mind.
What are the personalities of your fake selfies?
- They are similar in their characteristics. They both isolate themselves from real life. However, the vampire hides herself in darkness and close the door to outside world; the thinker, in contrast, is mentally connected to outside world. She appreciate people who understands her to take a glance of the land she builds inside.
What made your “real” selfie real?
- Real in this case means normal (in my understanding). so all identities in my real selfies indicate that I am a normal human being in the earth. I did not apply any makeup, or dress up in purpose.
What was the most challenging part of this assignment?
- The most challenge part is to use Photoshop to complete this big project. I had never used Photoshop before, and this is a huge obstacle for me to explore this software, and to expand my skills in such a short time period. I learned a lot about brushes and layers, and in general I am satisfied with what I have accomplished in this assignment.
What was your favorite part of this assignment?
- As I mentioned previously, my favorite part is to use Photoshop. It is always enjoyable to learn new things. At the same time, however, it is also the most exhausted part of the assignment.
Do you feel that what you created is art? If yes, how so? If no, why not?
- It cannot be considered as art yet. I am still unfamiliar with Photoshop, therefore the presentation on my final art is not “mature” enough to become an artwork, even though I put much effort to complete it.