Visas For Migrating to Australia

With the world’s most extensive migration zone, moving to Australia is one of the best options for people looking to move abroad. 

Australia has a skilled visa program which makes it easier for immigrants with particular skills or specializations to apply. To qualify for permanent residency, applicants must first obtain a skill-based visa and live in Australia on that visa long enough to meet the minimum residency requirement. 

To begin your Australian migration, you must have a skill-based visa from the Australian Department of Immigration and Border Protection. The Department issues four main types: 

– Skilled Independent (Subclass 189): This is for people without any formal qualifications or work experience in Australia. Applicants need to clear an English test to be eligible. 

– Skilled Nominated (Subclass 190): This is for people who have qualifications or work experience that could benefit Australia but do not meet the minimum points score required for a skilled independent visa. Applicants need to pass an English test to be eligible for this visa type. 

– Skilled Sponsored (Subclass 489): This is for people who have been nominated by an Australian relative or a state/territory government. 

– Employer Nomination Scheme (Subclass 186): This allows Australian employers to nominate individuals they consider likely to make a positive contribution. 

Applicants can apply for one visa based on their own merits or for all visas simultaneously. 

The Department of Immigration and Border Protection also issues visas for people sponsored by family members or the government, as well as employer-sponsored visas. Aspiring migrants are advised to contact the Department to discuss their qualification options. 

With more than 80 Australian visa subclasses available, applicants need to spend some time researching their options. 

There are several common visa subclasses among which you can choose from. Here is a list of visas that could be available: 

– Skilled Independent (subclass 189) and nominated (subclass 190): Both these visas require an appropriate skillset and English language ability for eligibility. The latter also requires the applicant to have a skills assessment in their nominated occupation. 

– Skilled Regional (subclass 489) and state/territory sponsored: These visas are for people who have an Australian relative or the government has sponsored them through a nomination program. Applicants must be living in a regional area of Australia at the time of application. 

– Employer-sponsored: Applicants in this category need to be sponsored by an Australian employer. While the Department of Immigration and Border Protection has a list of provisional occupations, applicants can also apply for other jobs to prove that they would be positively contributing to the economy. 

– Business owner or investor (subclass 888): Applicants must be willing to invest at least AUD 750,000 in a state or territory. Applicants must also have financial resources of at least $100,000 if they want to start their own business. 

– Family stream: The Department of Immigration and Border Protection classifies applicants as family members depending on criteria such as whether they are related by marriage or adoption, their age and the type of relationship with the sponsor. 

There are many visas available which make it easier for people looking to migrate to Australia. To know in detail about a visa type and acquire help for application, consult a migration agent

Posted in Uncategorized

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *


Skip to toolbar