Nothing Gold Can Stay is an interactive multi-medium installation that conceptually references to the poem with the same title written by Robert Frost. By presenting the inevitable journey of life and offering the chance of pertaining to a golden moment, the artwork suggests the importance of appreciation in transient human lives.
List of Equipment;
– CRT TV with Composite A/V
– Raspberry Pi
– Composite A/V cable for Raspberry Pi (sold in Adafruit website)
– Handmade wooden TV stand
– Cradle with flower pot and baby rattle (one piece sculpture)
– Flower watering bucket
– Fast growing flower seeds
(dimensions calculated for 27” CRT Sony TV)
- Wooden box under TV; 40cm height x 60cm width x 45cm depth
- Sculpture; 100cm height x 80cm width x 45 cm depth
- Carpet(to identify the installation zone); 190cm height x 140 cm width
- 2 AC outlets (1 for Raspberry Pi, 1 for the TV)
- A spot where the installation can be exposed the daylight– so that the seed will actually have the chance to grow.
3D Installation Model(SketchUp);