“Tacos, a Mexican dish consisting of a fried tortilla, filed with various mixtures, like meat, cilantro, onion, and guacamole. Tacos are a quick and delicious introduction to the culture of Mexico, that date back all the way to the 18th century. They give an insight on why this country is filled with simple yet delicious foods.”
“It was moment in which the four of us felt complete happiness and satisfaction without needing anything more.“
- What did you learn in the process of writing this essay (about your topic, your family history, your writing style, work patterns, etc.)? Think of 1-2 specific things.
- Throughout the process of writing this essay I noticed all the special memories that come attached with this food. I did not think that a simple food like tacos would have such a great effect on my childhood memories. I also noticed how much specific information I was missing about tacos and how because of that I had to do a lot of research.
- What aspect of this project did you enjoy the most? What did you find the most challenging?
- Throughout this process I enjoyed reading articles about the food because I got to learn many new information that I did not know before about my culture.
- What advice would you give to someone else doing the project? What advice would you give your former self?
- For someone else doing this project I would advise them to know how to equally divide their personal research vs. research in scholarly articles. I would advise my former self to focus a little bit more on the research while writing the essay and not get lost while going into details.