– How you ever felt this way about an object you’ve owned?
Yes, I always felt this way. When my screen breaks, and there is a new product came out, then I won’t fix the old phone anymore, even though I have apple care.
– How does your final project challenge having this kind of mentality towards objects?
I don’t think so
2) Post a draft of your final project design brief: (page two of this document)
1) PROJECT NAME: Fashion shoulder bag
2) What are you making and why?
As a fashion design major student, there are many kinds of stuff we need to carry to class or class every day, for example, tool boxed, fabrics, muslins, pattern paper… Moving with this much around is inconvenient. So I decided to design a bag, that has many pockets to organize all the items, and deep enough to carry the pattern paper also able to hang garments that need to stay flat.
3) In what ways will this object/design be useful to you over 50 years of change?
It’s a convenient shoulder bag, that can carry lots of stuff, also as a designer, I have many stuff to carry around everyday, I think this bag will make my life easier.
4) How will it be resilient (used in more than one way etc. and/or encourage social resiliency through its usage)?
My project can help raise people’s awareness of environmental change, help recycle and reduce the consumption of paper, and better prepare for the influence of climate change on paper production.
5) What specific event(s) of environmental change will it help you adapt to or address?
everyday life, work or school.
6) What materials will you use, given what you have learned this semester about changing resources and material availability?
The principal source materials fabrics, now I’m thinking about canvas because canvas can easily hold heavy stuff, and it won’t change the shape, or quickly get damage.
7) How does your object offer function and aesthetics over time? How does it fulfill the Long-Life Design criteria to the best of your ability
people can carry this bag around with all their items.
3) Is there anything else you would like feedback on? What questions, if any, do you have at this point about final projects and presentations on May 2nd?
not really at this point