Effective Date: December 12th 2019
SUSTAINABLE SUCCULENTS RETURNS + EXCHANGE
Purpose: Plant vendors are always under the debate if a plant counts as an item that could be returnable or not. When a plant dies, there is a grey line between who to blame, the sellers who didn’t sell good quality plants or it’s on the customer’s end that they weren’t able to keep the plants alive. Therefore, Sustainable Succulents wants to create a store’s return policy might be enticing. Since we are a start-up and we want to promote this new system of packaging we need to create a policy that still encourages people to buy our products.
Recycled Cardboard Facilities, Recycled Wood Facilities
Buyers – Suppliers
Founders of Sustainable Succulents. phone number 8223440
- Policy Statement – Return Policy
- *Plants can be exchanged or returned for a one-time exchange or return. If the plant dies again, they are not eligible. All plants must be brought in for return with a valid receipt or proof of purchase.
- If you change your mind, plants in sell-able condition may be returned within seven (7) days for exchange or Store Credit only (no refunds).
- All other non-plant merchandise may be returned in original condition within 30 days for a refund or Store Credit. All merchandise purchased with Rewards Points will receive store credit only*.
- *All returns and exchanges require an itemized receipt and are subject to manager approval. Some returns may be subject to a 10% restocking fee.
- If live plants are ordered online (this includes everything expect the pots) and it shows up on your doorstep damaged or dead, you may return it within three days of delivery, and we will replace it at no extra charge.
- Original shipping charges will be fully refunded in the event that the return is the result of an error by Sustainable Succulents.
- Cardboard packaging is not legible for returns when damaged.
Procedure (How to implement it)
- Creating a ‘proof of purchase’ when returning or exchanging the items. Having an online data system that keeps track of the exchanges and returns which allows to still keep track of our profits.
- If the customer is missing their receipt, we may be able to locate it in our system within 30 days of purchase.
- We require a valid driver’s license or government-issued photo identification for non-receipted returns and returns generated from purchases made with Store Credits. Sustainable Succulents uses a third-party refund verification system. All returns are subject to verification system approval.
- Policy Statement – No plastic packaging for plant vendors
- The policy does not allow plant vendors or stores to use plastic packaging when selling plants. Therefore they must refer to things like Sustainable Succulents’s packaging – an all recycled packaging to be allowed to sell plants.
Procedure (How to implement it)
- To be able to sell plants vendors must go through test and get a licensed certificate that allows them to make sure that they are selling the plants without plastic packaging.
- The vendors must show the receipt that they are purchasing anti-plastic packaging once a month – equivalent to their sales.