Class 6 – 5 March – Spring 2018: Visual Culture – afternoon class
Section: Context + Investigation
- Final 2 diptychs – research share
- Bridge III – taxonomy introduced: sizing photos in Photoshop, camera settings, research of museums and galleries
Due 7 March at midnight
- New LP post for last 2 bridge II diptychs (see Canvas)
due 12 March
- Research and visit one or more locations that will allow you to gain a more in depth analysis of your content. Locations discussed/explored in class…museums, galleries, brick and mortar stores, any place but the internet. NO INTERNET! 🙂
- Collect 18 photographs and 18 drawings (scanned) of symbols, metaphors, visual references that relate to your topic You do not have to have all of these by Monday the 12th. In fact, I encourage you to have 1/3 or 1/2 only. The research does not not to be rushed.
- These images (photographs and drawings) must be sized at 300 dpi in Photoshop and formatted as squares (demo’d in studio, and camera settings discussed in studio).
- 2 possible plans for how you want to lay out your images drawn in your sketchbook. Decide how you will organize the photos and the drawings. Consider composition…is it based on every other image being a drawing, a gradual shift between content, as a grid organized by color or value, as a narrative? How can the layout affect how the audience understands or reads your pictures?