In this bridge, we considered how words are raw materials for design and communication. We collaborated with a partner to devise a list of unique, dynamic verbs modeled after Richard Serra’s “Verb List Compilation: Actions to Relate to Oneself.”
– Questions –
- What is one thing you miss about seeing your mom every day?
- Why do you feel the need to adorn your jacket with pins that represent you who are?
- Are you more afraid of hurting someone you love or being hurt by someone you love?
- Would you rather be deaf or blind?
- When have you felt your biggest adrenaline rush?
- Do you think you are living your best life right now?
- At what point would you consider yourself a failure?
- When was the last time you truly appreciated being in the company of someone?
- What makes you nostalgic?
- Are you confident in yourself and your work?
Reflection: This project was super interesting because I was able to learn a lot about Aeva but in an unconventional way. The questions were super specific so they allowed me to go in depth with her but I wished I was able to ask her broader questions as well. The essay was simple to write but I wished I had gotten more creative with it in a sense.